Isis 1.3.0 – crammed full of goodies!
Over on Apache Isis, we’ve just released a new version, 1.3.0, of the framework (core plus supporting components).
There are some major new features in this release; indeed this is probably the most significant release of Isis as a TLP. Just to highlight some of the main features…
In core, the new features include:
- contributed collections and properties
- view model support (across both Wicket and RO viewers)
- UI layouts defined in JSON files
- better integration and BDD testing support, including Cucumber-JVM integration
- domain services for handling application and user settings service
- domain service providing various developer utilities (eg downloading metamodel)
- domain service incorporating Guava’s EventBus service);
- context-specific autoComplete
- conditional choices
- new annotations: @SortedBy; @CssClass; @PostsPropertyChangedEvent
- helpers for writing contract unit tests and for writing comparable entities
- optimistic locking improvements
In the Wicket viewer, new features include:
- default dashboard
- more sophisticated layouts, with multiple columns
- dynamic reloading of layouts
- sortable table columns
- BlobPanel displaying images
- bookmarkable actions
- upgrade to wicket 6.11.0
In JDO objectstore, new features include:
- better integration/validation between Isis and JDO metamodels
- upgrade to DataNucleus 3.2.7
- better Google App Engine compatibility
- expose JDO PersistenceManager via domain service for more sophisticated use cases
The Restful Objects viewer also had several bug fixes vis-a-vis the RO spec v1.0 (thanks to our GSOC students for highlighting these).
In addition to all that, there is a new “simple” archetype, making it easier to get started.
As ever, feedback welcome